Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Blog Post #7 ~ EOTO Technology Presentations

EOTO Technology Presentations





Technology That I Learned

At the start of class, I learned about Television and who made the TV's first iteration, Philo T. Farnsworth. It first looked like a camera tube and then was put into those small boxy tv's. Part of it was made in 1927, but the first TV was made with the camera tube in 1929.

When I think about TVs, they still were very boxy for a long time in history; they were small, a bit lighter, and then they got bigger and heavier. They also later started to have more inputs, like VHS, HDMI cables, cable TV, and satellite TV. It took 68+ years until we got flat-screen TVs, and even then, they weren't even that flat, more of a thick rectangle.

Next, I learned from the presentations, were about the Internet; and some things related to it, like emails. I know many countries launch satellites, but I don't think I knew that Russia was the one that started the wave of the internet by sending a satellite into space. And of course, like most inventions in the early days, they were used for military purposes, and I'm pretty sure ever since the internet began to spark there have been many underground and water cables for the internet, especially when the internet was used for military reasons. 

Lastly, what I would like to mention that I learned was about emails and something that adds to the whole grand scheme of the internet. Emails were invented by Ray Tomlinson in 1971 but weren't really used a lot until the late 1990s. Actually, Bill Clinton was the first one to use emails, and he really didn't use them that much. I feel like the reason why emails weren't being used during that era might be because of spam emails. Spam emails weren't a thing until Bill Clinton was president. Another thing to add might be that people didn't have great access to or could buy PC or phones that use email. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #10 ~ EOTO Terms & Concepts (llusory Truth Effect)

Illusory Truth Effect The Illusory Truth Effect is quite the instreaming theory. From a citizen's perspective, it's not a good thing...